This presentation was filmed during the March 2015 Fragment-based Drug Discovery 101 workshop, part of the BroadE Workshop series.
This seminar highlighted key concepts relevant for implementing Fragment Based Drug Discovery (FBDD) and Structure-Based Drug Design (SBD), approaches to efficient discovery and optimization of drugs for newly identified and challenging targets.
Major topics include:
- Key factors that motivate FBDD and SBD
- Physicochemical properties and chemical space
- NMR methods for screening and structure-based design
- Other biophysical methods for screening and structure-based design
- Examples of success in the clinic