The application for the Broad Summer Scholars Program is now open.
The Broad Summer Scholars Program (BSSP) invites highly motivated high school students with a strong interest in science to spend six weeks at the
ADDITIONAL PROGRAM BENEFITS
- No cost to apply or attend
- Partial reimbursement for transportation costs
- Access to an on-staff tutor to review scientific concepts related to student projects
- Trainings focused on creating scientific posters and best practices for presenting
- Exposure to both computational and experimental techniques
- Social and team-building activities
- $12/hr compensation available for students who demonstrate financial need
To be eligible to apply to BSSP, applicants must:
- Be a rising senior in high school (i.e. students can apply their junior year)
- Attend a high school in the greater Boston area
- Have earned a B or better in science and math classes
- Demonstrate excitement for science! No previous research experience is required.
We especially encourage applications from students who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Underrepresented in the sciences—these groups include American Indians or Alaska Natives, blacks or African Americans, Hispanics or Latinos, Native Hawaiians or Other Pacific Islanders, as well as individuals with disabilities.
- Underserved, as indicated by qualifying for free or reduced lunch.
- Could be the first person in their family to attend college.
- Demonstrate a commitment to issues of diversity through extracurricular and/or community activities. By diversity we mean efforts to reduce social, educational, or economic disparities in the United States.
Application deadline: January 24, 2020
Acceptance notifications: Late March
Program dates: June 18-July 31, 2020
Students who apply to BSSP will also have the option to have their application be considered for an April vacation week program called Broadie for a Week.