We will accept applications for BSSP 2024 starting Friday, November 3, 2023 to Monday, January 22, 2024 at 11:59 ET.
The Broad Summer Scholars Program (BSSP) invites highly motivated high school students with a strong interest in science to spend six weeks at the
ADDITIONAL PROGRAM BENEFITS
- No cost to apply or attend
- $3,600 stipend
- Partial reimbursement for transportation costs
- Access to an on-staff tutor to review scientific concepts related to student projects
- Trainings focused on creating scientific posters and best practices for presenting
- Exposure to both computational and experimental techniques
- Social and team-building activities
To be eligible to apply to BSSP, applicants must:
- Be a rising senior in high school (i.e. students can apply their junior year)
- Attend a high school in MA within commuting distance to the Broad
- Have earned a B or better in science and math classes
- Demonstrate excitement for science! No previous research experience is required.
- Be a US citizen, permanent resident, or non-US citizen with employment authorization (i.e. DACA)
- Be available for the entire 6-week duration of the program. Students cannot be enrolled in other courses or programs, or commit to other employment, during program hours.
We especially encourage applications from students who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Underrepresented in the sciences—these groups include Native Americans or Alaska Natives, Blacks or African Americans, Hispanics or Latinxs, Native Hawaiians or Other Pacific Islanders, as well as individuals with disabilities.
- Underserved, as indicated by qualifying for free or reduced lunch.
- Could be the first person in their family to attend college.
- Demonstrate a commitment to issues of diversity and inclusion through extracurricular and/or community activities that address social, educational, or economic disparities in the United States.
Application opens: Friday, November 3, 2023
Application deadline: Monday, January 22, 2024 at 11:59 ET
Acceptance notifications: Mid March, 2024
Program dates: June 24-August 2, 2024
Broad Summer Scholars Program