There are multiple pay lots in the surrounding area and parking fees vary. The nearest parking lot is the Yellow Garage at 75 Ames Street. The garage and Discovery Center are both wheelchair accessible. Limited street parking is available throughout Kendall Square. We do not offer parking validation.
The Broad Discovery Center is located in the heart of Kendall Square and is surrounded by restaurants and cafes. The newly renovated MIT Museum and the Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research at MIT Public Galleries are both within easy walking distance. We are also one of nearly two dozen stops on the Innovation Trail, where you can stroll through the history of science, medicine, entrepreneurship, and technology in Cambridge and Boston.
We aim to create the best visitor experience for all our guests. Below is a list of the accommodations currently available. We will be expanding this list as we learn more about our patrons. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have specific needs, questions, or suggestions.
- The Broad Discovery Center is on the ground floor.
- The main entrance door has push button access.
- Two wheelchairs are available; inquire with the front desk or museum staff.
- Seating is available throughout the exhibit space.
- During staffed hours (Monday - Wednesday, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm), our visitor experience assistant is available to explain exhibit content, including text, images, and videos.
- Large print, high contrast handouts of exhibit text are available; inquire with museum staff during staffed hours.
- All digital exhibits with sound have open captioned videos.
- Assisted Listening Devices are available for tours or events during staffed hours.
- Multi-stall, gendered, and gender-inclusive restrooms are located in the lobby.
- A private Mother’s Room is available; inquire with the front desk or museum staff.