Developed by Tracey Petryshen, Andrew Kirby, and Mark Ainscow
Copyright © 2003, 2004 - The Broad Institute
LocusView is a program for generating images of chromosomal regions annotated with genomic features, experimental data and analysis results.
LocusView is a Java application that should run on any platform with Java JRE 1.4 or higher.
- Check for Java version 1.4.0 or higher.
For Windows users: in the Start menu, select "Run", type: cmd, the MS-DOS Command Prompt window will open, type: java -version
For Mac users: go to the "Applications" folder, "Utilities" sub-folder, "Terminal" application, type: java -version
If necessary, install Java 1.4.x from java.sun.com or contact your system administrator.
- Click the LocusView2.0 Program link below and save the jar file to your computer hard drive. LocusView2.0 Program ("jar" file) 8-Oct-2004
Note: Some operating systems and browsers download the LocusView2.0 "jar" file as a "zip" file. In this event, change the downloaded file name from "LocusView2.0.zip" to "LocusView2.0.jar". The program will not open if the file has the "zip" extension.
- Click the LocusView2.0 Documentation link below and save the Microsoft Word file to your computer hard drive. LocusView2.0 Documentation 8-Oct-2004
- Open LocusView2.0 by clicking on the file. If desired, create a shortcut to LocusView2.0 on the desktop and open the program using the shortcut. OR: on the command-line, type: java -jar <path to the LocusView2.0.jar file> eg. java -jar c:\Local\LocusView2.0.jar
- View the detailed documentation for using the program in the Microsoft Word file downloaded during installation or by selecting "Help", "LocusView help" in the LocusView window top menu.
If you aren't already registered, please send an email to email@example.com with your name and email address, so that we can update you on new releases, bug fixes, etc.
Help and Bugs:
Please send help email and bug reports to firstname.lastname@example.org with "LocusView help" or "LocusView bug report" in the email subject line. If possible, please attach the data files that you used when you encountered the problem.