How to enable GenePattern Visualizers in Chrome version 42+
Posted on Friday, April 24, 2015 at 01:15PM by Barbara Hill Meyers
In April of 2015, Google changed the way that Chrome version 42 supports plugins, which means that GenePattern visualizers may have recently stopped working for you, if you are using Chrome.
The symptoms in GenePattern are as follows:
- Run a visualizer module
- On job status page, nothing happens
- Java console does not come up (if it was configured to do so)
- No errors in the URL bar indicating that you need to enable a plugin (ie you did not see something like this)
To fix this you must configure your browse to enable the required plugin architecture. Details and instructions can be found on Java.com and we've included them here for quick reference.
Enabling NPAPI in Chrome Version 42 and later
As of Chrome Version 42, an additional configuration step is required to continue using NPAPI plugins.
- In your URL bar, enter:
- Click the Enable link for the Enable NPAPI configuration option.
- Click the Relaunch button that now appears...
GenePattern 3.9.2 is Released!
Posted on Friday, March 20, 2015 at 02:50PM by The GenePattern Team
GenePattern 3.9.2 is available for use on our Public GenePattern Server, via download, and as an Amazon Machine Image (AMI). The Release Notes give details on new features and fixes. These include:
- Searching jobs by tag or comments
- Faster upload of files larger than 2 GB
- A new installer for Mac, genepattern.app, which replaces the previous Install Anywhere wizard with a native Mac app installer/launcher. Details are found below.
More details about 3.9.2 may be read about in our release notes.
- Download the Mac app. It will be zipped and depending on browser used, you may need to double-click to unzip the file.
- Move GenePattern.app file to a permament location where it can be saved and will not be deleted. (such as /Applications)
- If you have administrator privileges on your Mac, skip to the directions in the next section. If you do not, keep reading.
- Double-click on the...
Upcoming GenePattern Downtime
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2015 at 04:58PM by Barbara Hill Meyers
GenePattern servers at the Broad Institute will be offline for scheduled IT maintenance on
- Tuesday, March 24, 2015
- from 6 a.m. to noon
During this time the following servers will be unavailable:
- GenePattern Public server: http://genepattern.broadinstitute.org
- GenePattern Internal server: http://gpbroad.broadinstitute.org
We will keep you updated via our Social feeds on Twitter, Facebook and Google+. Broadies may find more information on the BITS blog. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Thanks in advance for your patience,
-The GenePattern Team
Displaying Post 1 - 3 of 33 in total