Mesoplasma florum Assembly
The Mesoplasma florum genome was sequenced using the Whole Genome Shotgun methodology, whereby:
- High-molecular weight genomic DNA is isolated from Mesoplasma florum L1 (ATCC 33453) and subsequently sheared into smaller-sized fragments (~2 kb, ~4 kb, ~6 kb, ~8 kb, ~10 kb, and ~40 kb).
- DNA fragments are size-fractionated, ligated into the appropriate vector and subsequently amplified in E. coli cells.
- The two ends of each cloned DNA fragment are sequenced, creating paired reads.
- The assembly process uses the paired reads to identify contiguous stretches of sequence (contigs).
- Contigs are ordered and linked together into larger supercontigs by using paired reads lying in different contigs.
- Standard finishing methods are applied to resolve low-quality regions (sequence ambiguities) and to obtain additional sequence from specific genome regions that are missing from the original assembly.
Assembly DataFinal Assembly
- Greater than 10X sequencing coverage of the genome
- Circular genome with a size of 793,224 bp
- G+C content 27.02%
Genomic Libraries: Details
Sequence reads were derived from random small and large insert plasmid libraries and from a random Fosmid library.
Library Type Vector Average Insert Size (Kb) # Attempted Reads # Reads in Assembly (version 1) 1 Plasmid pOT 2.0 11,138 10,155 2 Plasmid pOT 4.0 35,136 &emdash; 3 Plasmid pJAN 6.0 7,200 6,502 4 Plasmid pJAN 8.0 7,392 5,974 5 Plasmid pJAN 10.0 7,680 &emdash; 6 Fosmid pEpiFOS-5 40.0 3,456 &emdash;